"Rays today, raisins tomorrow."
- The Beautician and the Beast, 1997
So they say. ;) So dearest reader, yep, always make it a point to put on your sunscreen before soaking up the sun, lest you end up looking like a...
For today I will be making a review about this product. See you after the jump!
Product Name: The Originote Hyalucera Gel Sunscreen SPF 40+++
How Much: P 289.00 for a 30ml tube (can be discounted via vouchers)
Where To Buy: The Originote Shopee Store
Quick Verdict
As of this writing, I have used up at least 3 tubes of this sunscreen and another one is on the way. Needless to say, this has been a staple in my kit for the past year. As a makeup girlie, I have always been on the lookout for a sunscreen that I can wear underneath my makeup without feeling heavy or tacky. Finding this product definitely feels like having sun protection, skincare and primer in one. Despite the very hot weather conditions in our country and between going out and being constantly exposed, I don't feel the stinging effects of sunburn.
A sunscreen with a lightweight gel texture containing SPF 40 PA+++ to protect the skin from sun damage and help care for the skin barrier.
The photo below shows the detailed list of ingredients. You can see the active ingredients that make up the UV system defense. Then there are the silicones that give the smoothing effect. Lastly, there are skin-hydrating and barrier supporting ingredients included.
My Experience
How I used it: I apply it evenly in the final step of my skincare routine, before makeup and at least 15 minutes before sun exposure.
Texture/scent/application: The product has a gel-like consistency and is very lightly scented. I have to note that an earlier version that I have used had a more notable floral scent. It spreads easily upon skin-contact but it doesn't get watery.
Results I noticed: It doesn't feel heavy or tacky on the skin. It has a smoothing effect and in fact feels very primer-like. With the very hot weather condition in the Philippines these days, I don't feel the stinging effects of sunburn.
This photo shows the before and after application. The difference might not be too big in this photo but my skin feels smooth and moisturized.
How long you tested it: I have been testing it since the beginning of this year, so roughly 8 months.
What I Like
- It gives the sun protection I need
- I love how I don't need to use a primer anymore since it acts like one. The fewer products I have to put on my face, the better.
- Very affordable price but performs well
What I Don't Like
- Not necessarily an I don't like thing: just more of a caveat for those who are sensitive to fragrances in their products. I mentioned that it is lightly scented, but the Fragrance (parfum) sits high in the middle of the ingredients list.- Another thing to note, not necessarily a bad thing but I noticed that the PAO (Period After Opening) sign says 6M so you need to consume it ASAP or it gets stale
Is It Worth Buying?
Yes, I think it's worth trying if you are in search of a lightweight sunscreen that feels comfortable to wear even under your makeup. Heck, it won't break the bank so you might as well try it.
Yes, I think it's worth trying if you are in search of a lightweight sunscreen that feels comfortable to wear even under your makeup. Heck, it won't break the bank so you might as well try it.
Final Rating & Recommendation
Packaging: 4.5/5
Quality: 4.5/5
Performance: 4.5/5
User-friendliness: 4.5/5
Overall: 4.5/5
Overall: ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆ 4.5/5
I would:
☑ Repurchase
☑ Recommend to others
Overall: ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆ 4.5/5
I would:
☑ Repurchase
☑ Recommend to others
xO,
CaRissa



0 comments