It feels like I took a nap, woke up and poof! February is over. What a slow month it's been for me, in terms of blogging.
Anyway, a new month's here and it's always an opportunity for us to do better. So if you've been procrastinating like me, there's no need to beat yourself up; we just gotta get our heads back in the game and pick up where you left off. :)
Speaking of that, I left tons of unfinished blog posts on my dashboard. *brushing the dust off my keyboard starts right here* LOL.
![]() |
| Press play! |
I'm here to share eight of my favorite love songs, since music is always a good place to start whenever you're feeling a little low or uninspired. And we just finished THE LOVE MONTH, so there's still a little bit of a hangover.
Music and lyrics are therapeutic in a way and whatever mood I'm in, these songs never fail to bring a smile or even a tear, and sometimes even making my heart skip a beat. I also picked my favorite lines, just to add a few quirks. Here they are at random.
MIRRORS
Justin Timberlake
I've caught myself several times shedding tears over this eight-minute song. I told myself it's because if ever I'd get married in this lifetime, I can imagine dancing to this at the reception. Mushy, sentimental, saccharine lyrics but cool music and beat; I find it romantic without being too obvious. This is basically JT singing love to Jessica Biel and I could totally melt in that.
TAKING CHANCES
Celine Dion
I took the chance, I jumped off the edge and found love and gained back my self confidence in the process. I definitely know what this song is talking about. :)
![]() |
| What do you say? |
I WON'T GIVE UP
- Jason Mraz
Best heard when you're all alone in your room, and it's so quiet and the lights are off. It's a verbose song by Mr. A to Z himself but there's no "word play" here, just feels. It's lovely. Of course love is not just about those sunny and easy days. There will be times when the "skies get rough", so lover have to weather it out. Not giving up easily would be a good mantra.
![]() |
| Album Art for Jason MRAZ's "I Won't Give Up" |
DAYLIGHT
Maroon 5
Not so long ago I was in this LDR and I truly dreaded another parting that comes with the daylight. But here we are. That part of life's done with but I still love the nostalgic feeling that comes with this song. *Insert snuggles here*
TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE
Boys Like Girls feat. Taylor Swift
Literally makes me weak in the knees. I'm just flooded with so many memories from 2010 whenever I hear this.
STATE OF GRACE
Taylor Swift
I daresay this is my most favorite Taylor Swift song. I love the opening drum beat, the guitar riff, the lyrics.
![]() |
| Our slates are clean. ;) |
MARY'S SONG (OH MY MY MY)
Taylor Swift
Another one of Taylor's lyrically rich songs. It basically chronicles the love story of a pair of childhood sweethearts from the time they were seven and 9 until they're 87 and 89. Because only Taylor Swift can fit 80 years into a 4 minute song. (^^,) Kidding aside, it's a lovely song from from way back Tay was still doing Country. This line here just makes me smile.
![]() |
| Childhood sweetheart feels. :) |
A THOUSAND YEARS
Christina Perri
![]() |
| image source: thinkingofrob.wordpress.com |
So, I was a big fan of the Twilight Saga. Okay, I still am. :) If "Mirrors" is for the wedding reception, this one is really cut out for walking down the aisle. This is a hard core love song, not coy, no beating around the bush. I also love the melody of this song.
***
There goes my Love Songs Playlist. Do we have one in common? Drop me one in the comments section.
May we all stay in love and young at heart!
XO,
Carissa







0 comments