How My August 20 Appointment Went By

Me feels. 
“You're gorgeous, you old hag, and if I could give you just one gift ever for the rest of your life it would be this.
CONFIDENCE. 
It would be the gift of confidence. 
Either that or a scented candle”


Yesterday, August 20 was a memorable day: my dream interview at last! And they did not disappoint me. It really was challenging; hot seat no less, in front of 5 panel members. And while I was preparing for my turn to be tormented, this quote just popped into my mind and I knew I had to exude a great deal of confidence if I am to convince them to let me join their ranks. You know how I pulled through it? 

One Day by David Nicholls
-I prayed to God that He let me focus on the questions at hand. I knew that no matter how much I prepared for this day everything will go down the drain if I suddenly black-out in the middle of the conversation. 

-I spoke from the heart. If I spoke with a great deal of conviction about my abilities and what I have to share to their organization, that is because I was telling the truth and everything was from experience. Nothing manufactured. 

And lastly, maybe you won't believe it but please don't laugh.

-After countless years of watching the Victoria's Secret Angels strut their stuff on the runway, who would have thought that theirs would be the last faces on my mind before I entered the door to the conference room. So there you have it. Yes, I imagined myself as one of them. :)

Miranda, Alessandra, Adriana, Doutzen, Candice, Behati, Lily, and Erin

Barely clothed and about to be fed to the wolves. Confident and ready. Ahm, tall order ba? Ha ha ha. Hell yes! Why would I escape the inevitable? 

So there it was, less than 8 minutes I think, and the agony was over. And I could finally exhale through my mouth but not after giving a big grin because I was contented with how well it went. 

And I hope the panel members felt the same way. So whether I make it or not, I'm just happy. And seriously, who would have thought that God and half-naked women will save my neck on the longest eight minutes of my life.

I might post a play by play stuff on what were the questions but, let's save it for when I'm finally through. Ayt?!


XO,

Carissa

2 comments

  1. it is always excruciating to be asked a lot about what you did with your years...currently, the theme of my answers rolls around "I enjoy my life and it's been fun." I miss interviews, tomorrow would be a TV guesting for me, and i am laughing my whole intestines out because it seems like a big joke. but anyways, man really advances as time goes by, nothing goes to waste, inevitably. Kudos to your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ward. :)
    enjoy life because we can only die once.
    good luck on the TV guesting!

    ReplyDelete