I have every reason to be excited about the onset of December. It's that time of the year when you can just be carefree while waiting on the holidays; at least that's how I always do it. And then there's the 13th: I and my daughter have the same birthday so it's one special day! I thought I would be cruising easily towards the middle of this month but then there was huge lump on the horizon that I had to hurdle. Let's just say that I did something unimaginable before 2016 ended. Story is after the jump. I will be verbose. This might be explicit. I will be dropping *F* Bombs!
Surprise! If you don't already know, I am connected with the Philippine National Police as a Non-Uniformed Personnel. I will go straight to the point: I was chosen to represent our station - the Allen Municipal Police Station - for the Search for Ms. NSPPO 2016 (that's Northern Samar Police Provincial Office, for you guys!).
If you have questions like, "Why at this moment when the issue of extra judicial killings hangs on the air like a thick cloud would your office rather go on merrily and stage an extravagant thingamajig featuring you and several others dressed to the nines when you should all rather be doing something more productive for the benefit of the Motherland?!" or "Shouldn't you just stay at home and nurse your friggin' kid, seriously you're not even a Miss anymore." Fuck I don't know! Don't fry me that! Seriously, don't fry me with that!
It's Christmastime and this event was part of the Pasko Sa Campo Delgado program and although it did not make much sense to me at first, in the spirit of being merry, I took part. I planned to argue or stage a boycott. I even thought of seeking help from the Gabriela Party List just to prove my point. Why make women do something uncomfortable? But, here we are. I will stop bitching about that part and just take you on a photo diary instead.
THE ROAD TO THE CROWN
*Charot*
We rehearsed like crazy for about a week. I'm a novice at this kind of stuff so I was like a monkey walking on five inch heels. After a while, I learned how to move to the beat and just realized that it's fine once in a while to move with finesse, like a lady. Victoria's Secret Fashion Show inspired tunes were a good way to go, too.![]() |
| Final day of rehearsals! I was thinking deeply about being insured while walking on that dangerously dangerous ramp. |
THE CORONATION NIGHT
Gasp! Whether you believe it or not, that is me. Fairy Godmother figures do exist and they can just bippity-boppity-boo the boo boos away. On the photo below is the moment right before I transformed into a Super Saiyan. Kidding! Was that funny? Seriously, this is a zen moment when the universe conspired to make things right: my skin looked like it never had a turbulent past with teenage acne, I've just been awarded a contour and a nose line (thank you! thank you!), I'm wearing a perfect lip color, and my stomach has forgotten about hunger.
I have John Mark and Ervin to thank for this. Here is John Mark's Facebook Page and I believe you can contact him for inquiries regarding makeup stuff and beauty pageant emergencies. Emergencies talaga! LOL.
![]() |
| HMUA by John Mark Powers//Image (c) John Mark Powers |
Here's the finished look for the Production Number. How do I lengthen this paragraph because I have nothing else to say. Ha ha! Can I just make the photos do the talking? These photos were all grabbed, btw. I dunno, when I was at the hall I just didn't feel like taking photos of myself or doing selfies. Maybe I was preoccupied with being nervous, huh?!
![]() |
| Glammed Up and about to be fed to the wolves!//Image (c) John Mark Powers |
![]() |
| I'm still wondering how I fit into that teeny tiny shirt. And meet the red gown that gave me killer curves. Thanks to Maam Tracy and Ervin for these photos. |
![]() |
| Office Uniform Competish |
![]() |
| US!!!! All sparkly for the Evening Gown |
AND THE WINNER IS.....
It wasn't me. Ha ha! I didn't take home the crown. But if I were to be more figurative about it, the winner is the experience itself. To be alive is to have the chance to make memories. And well, quota ako sa alaala dito! I didn't want to join at first but in the end, I can really say that I enjoyed it! And without sounding too beauty queen-ish, I really had a blast meeting and bonding with seventeen other women, most of them are moms like me. I think none of us wanted to be thrown into the limelight but during the night of the competition we all put up a great fight. And the rain? The seven inch heels? The courage it took to walk that ramp in front of lots of people, in skimpy and daring outfits? All the other things that we had to do that were out of our comfort zones? All in a days work boys, all in a days work.
During the pictorial for the Ms. Photogenic, we were all given the chance to wear the crown. So here is my photo. Practice lang!
![]() |
| NUP Carissa Posion, proud and honored to represent Allen MPS! |
And that's how I survived December 20, 2016.
XO,
Carissa









0 comments